Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thrift Store Score Thursday - Just In Time For Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day! The red and pink hearts, sequined everything, and of course, chocolate! This year it falls on a Sunday, which is going to be great! Our predicted weather, however, is not great...cold, so, so cold, with a chance of a wintry mix. Definitely a bundle-up kind of day.

I'm really over winter the moment Christmas passes. In addition to the miserable unpleasantness of the being outdoors even for a second when it's freaking freezing (sorry all my Northern friends but you can't sell me on the idea that it can be pleasant and/or fun!) it's quite hard to feel fashionable when you have to wear more layers than the Michelin tire man and your friends don't even recognize you when passing on the street. So I was delighted when, on a recent thrifting venture, I found this scarf, just in time for Valentine's Day!


Double take! It's reversible!!!
I love when stitching is visible on a garment, and when I saw this tag, I was even more excited!


green 3 apparel seems to be a pretty amazing company. Committed to high-quality eco-fashion, made in the USA, all organic, and they even work with Aspiro to provide opportunities for for disabled adults. I was delighted to discover this brand! And all of their artwork is hand-created, original to green 3 apparel. Sweet.

Love it!
And folks, my investment was a mere $1! So I'll be rocking my new scarf while out and about this cold Valentine's Day! How about you, what will you be doing on this day of love and friendship?

Happy Thrifting!

No comments: