Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Oh, You Sparkling New Year's Eve!

New Year's Eve always finds me feeling a bit down. I want to hold on to the old year, not let it go.

There was so much I still wanted to accomplish during 2014, and now it is slipping away with each ticking of the clock. It makes me a bit anxious, hyper, restless. Still, a coming brand-new year is something to celebrate! 2014 was full of so many blessings and opportunities.

I spent last New Year's Eve shooting fireworks with my son, but this morning's biting temperatures are a pretty good indicator that I'll not likely be spending the evening hours outdoors! No, rather we'll spend the afternoon dismantling all the Christmas decorations and getting our home back to a normal state; putting up new things, giving it all a good cleansing scrub, remembering the magic and joy of Christmas. And the best part is, it's what I WANT to do with my New Year's Eve! The coming 'blank slate' of a new year, while unsettling and a wee bit intimidating, makes me feel like cleaning, purging, letting go and unloading of all things I do not want to carry with me into 2015, including dust and the wee scraps of wrapping paper that seem to settle into every corner no matter how often I've cleaned!  

Tomorrow will be collards and black-eyed peas to ensure blessings and bounty in the New Year!

How about you? How will you welcome in 2015?


With love and wishes for a sparkling New Years,
Amy

1 comment:

Virginia ("Ginn") said...

I love to spend the last day of the year looking back at the joys of the past year and then letting it all go as I reach my arms out to the future and what is to come. My New Year's Eve usually involves being outdoors, beating my hands on a bodran (sp? Irish drum, sipping champagne and wolfing down 12 grapes (one at each stroke of the midnight hour. There is usually a fire or at least a plethora of candles. I am like a child unwrapping the package that is a whole, new, fresh, wonderful new year in which to play, create, grow and learn. Life is good.Happy New Year, Amy! - Ginn