Saturday, November 1, 2008

WELCOME

Art has always been a priority in my life; I never decided to become an artist, it seems I simply always was. I create art because I must. A nighttime painter, I work when the moon is high in the sky and the world is quiet. It is in these few stolen moments of solitude with my brushes and paint that I create on canvas, but I am continuously creating in my mind. I paint pictures and write stories and poems in my mind long before I commit them to paper or canvas. I have juggled art and writing for many years, giving in to the pull of each as it comes along. I also enjoy creating jewelry out of found and natural objects, (most recently being tiny glass beads, corn kernels, and shells); sewing; reading; knitting; teaching art; playing with my son and drinking coffee! Mmmm, coffee…

1 comment:

sunshe2 said...

Hey Amy! Love the website, you've done a great job. My favorite two are paintings are "Realm" and "Harmony", but they are all so unique and wonderful. So any more info on when your book will be out? Can't wait to read it.